Friday, April 29, 2011

Cast Iron Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Holy Heaven....
I wish i wasn't a Dumb Dumb. I plan on taking pictures of more of the steps in every recipe i do, but.. my sweet precious Canon Rebel xs is OUT OF ORDER.
in the move i lost my charger, and i live in Podunk and haven't been able to get me another one. I've been using Mikes waterproof fishing camera in the mean time, but once you go Canon everything else is.... Dumb. ( nothing rhymes with canon, that would've made sense) So since i don't love that camera, i don't keep it on my hip like i normally do my Baby Canon, so of course i forgot to take pictures of this Amazing Amazingness.
but i will share the recipe,  just cause im feeling that nice

2 1/2 c flour
3 tsp baking p
1 tsp salt
2 c sugar
1 stick butter
1/4 c shortening
1 1/2 c milk
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
20 ounce can of pineapple- or fresh cut
(2 tbl juice)
1 1/3 brown sugar
maraschino cherries ( not optional, they make it look soooo pretty and they taste soo dang good)
in a large bowl mix batter ( flour, salt, sugar, bake powder, 1/2 butter, shortening, milk, eggs, vanilla, and pineapple juice) Set aside
melt rest of butter in cast iron skillet, sprinkle brown sugar over entire surface.
place rounded pineapples on sugar, place cherries in side holes.
pour the batter over the top
bake for 30-40 min at 350
once done, instantly run knife around the edge.
place plate on top the the skillet and Flip It.
it should come right out.
faint from the smell and pure beauty.
come to,
then Eat it,
faint again.

No comments: